Thriving in Babylon: Why Hope, Humility, and Wisdom Matter in a Godless Culture By Larry Osborne
Meet a man forced to live in a fast changing and godless society. He faced fears about the future, concern for his safety, and the discouragement of a world that seemed to be falling apart at warp speed. Sound familiar? His name was Daniel, and with the power of hope, humility, and wisdom, he not only thrived, he changed an empire while he was at it. Though he lived thousands of years ago, he has much to teach us today.
Even in Babylon, God Is in Control.
In Thriving in Babylon, Larry Osborne explores the "adult" story of Daniel to help us not only survive – but actually thrive in an increasingly godless culture. Here Pastor Osborne looks at:
- Why panic and despair are never from God
- What true optimism looks like
- How humility disarms even our greatest of enemies
- Why respect causes even those who will have nothing to do with God to listen
- How wisdom can snatch victory out of the jaws of defeat
For those who know Jesus and understand the full implications of the cross, the resurrection, and the promises of Jesus, everything changes – not only in us, but also in our world.