A vegetarian dietary supplement to support the body’s antibody, hormone and enzyme functions.
L-Lysine is a basic building block of protein within the body. It is an essential amino acid in that it is required for human nutrition, but is not produced by the body.
Lysine is required for:
- Growth and bone development in children*
- Assisting calcium absorption*
- Maintaining correct nitrogen balance in the body*
- Maintaining lean body mass*
- Antibody, hormone and enzyme production *
- Collagen formation and tissue repair*
- Building of muscle protein*
- Recovery from injuries and operations*
- Cold sores*
- Lysine can reduce the recurrence of herpes simplex infections. It may be very effective to prevent cold sores & genital herpes outbreaks! Also, taking lysine at the very first sign of a herpes outbreak may help rapidly resolve the cold sore or genital lesion.
L-Lysine deficiency symptoms may include:
- Impaired growth*
- Decreased immune function